ABOUT DAY HAGAN ASSET MANAGEMENT
Donald L. Hagan, LLC was founded in 2004 by Donald L. Hagan, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in Sarasota, FL. In 2006, he joined with Arthur S. Day and Linda S. Brown to form the entity we have today. The name changed to reflect the partnership, and we have been Day Hagan Asset Management (dba) ever since. Mr. Hagan began his investment career with Ned Davis Research (NDR) in 1988, while Mr. Day started in 1984 with Dean Witter Reynolds. Ms. Brown began her career in finance operations and administration in 1982 with Merrill Lynch.
The original partners founded the company around a very simple philosophy: clients first.
The firm’s investment process is centered upon tactical asset management. Day Hagan actively manages portfolios, believing that buy-and-hold strategies are no longer relevant. Our investing discipline is designed to reduce portfolio risk as economic indicators and fundamental indicators decline and increasing exposure as the equity environment improves.
DAY HAGAN ASSET MANAGEMENT'S PHILOSOPHY OF INVESTING
- Employ an objective and model-based framework
- Utilize only time-tested and robust financial market indicators
- Allocate based on a “weight-of-the-evidence” approach
- Stay on the right side of major trends using trend-following indicators
- View cash as a defensive asset class